Posted: Aug 1 2015, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Group: Mod in Training
Credits: 3,050
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 58

Awards: None

I'd like to gauge interest in having a night, either a weekly thing or just whenever it works out for everyone, where we just find a game everyone has or a free one online/on Steam, and just have some fun with it. Nothing too serious, but if you think it'd be something you would want to do, just leave a post on here about what systems you can play on, as well as any games you would want to play.

My system is PC; I may have access to PS4 online but I severely doubt it.

I don't have any real preferences on what games we play, though some ones that are free/popular/would work well with a group would be things like Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Dead Island ($3 for a couple days), as well as any of the MMOs mentioned by Vandy or free games on Steam I haven't gotten around to looking at yet. I've been more into FPS than MMOs, but again if the majority is for one or the other it doesn't bother me.

I'm sure we could devise something for voice chat too if people wanted that as well, but we'll see how this goes.

--------------------
PM
^
Werewolf Link
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

The Werewolf Admin

Group: Owner
Credits: 5

Donate
Member No.: 1

I have LoL, WoW, and very few Steam games. The only paid ones I have are Don't Starve Together (which I love) and Castle Crashers.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
^
Vandy
 Posted: Aug 1 2015, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Nerd Admin

Group: Admin
Credits: 3,080

Donate
Member No.: 6

I'm so down for any game you guys want to play on the computer. I've been playing Nosgoth a lot lately, if anyone wants to play a free 4v4 game. It's basically a really cool version of Call of Duty, with vampires vs humans. Also have all of the Total War games if any of you are players. Other than that, any free game I'd be willing to play.
PM
^
AtomicAnt14
 Posted: Aug 2 2015, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Credits: 3,000

Donate
Member No.: 17

I've got LoL in the computer, but that's about it...... But I may be able to play others.

On the other hand, if anyone is Xbox users we'd have a swell time biggrin.gif

--------------------
PM
^
Nuhaine
 Posted: Aug 3 2015, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Realizing Time Lost

Credits: 0

Donate
Member No.: 113

Snake Champion!

I've been playing Project Gorgon a lot lately, an Asheron's Call/Ultima Online-like MMO in early Alpha at the moment. There's a ton of content though.

--------------------
PM
^
Fro
 Posted: Aug 5 2015, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Donate

If we have enough people interested (3-4) show up on a given night I'll try to get something organized. I can PM my steam account or post it here if anyone is interested in contacting me that way to figure things out. Apologizes for not actively trying to get this going, hasn't been a whole lot of people on lately in recent nights.

--------------------
PM
^
Nuhaine
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Realizing Time Lost

Donate

Snake Champion!

I can play any non-MMORPG F2P title, but I'd rather not play a MOBA due to how easily it can cull friendships. If you can keep yourself from nerd raging, I'll play LoL.

--------------------
PM
^
Fro
 Posted: Aug 6 2015, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Donate

I'll just list off the free games I know of, and if anyone has interest in any of them of them, we'll just take it from there. I would like to try to do this once this week at least so it doesn't fall to the wayside, but I understand that people have been busy lately from the small number interested or able.

Steam

DOTA 2 (I'll put LoL here too): MOBA, I've never played it or any game of its genre. 5 players needed, more of a strategy sort of game. Some of my friend's non-stop talking about games like this has made me grown to dislike them, but I am not above giving it a shot.

Team Fortress 2: Cartoon-y team FPS with 9 classes and a good deal of weapons to choose from, though most of the stock ones you start with are the best. Has a co-op mode if you would rather that than play against people online for the first time. Has in-game chat, albeit low-quality, and isn't a mindless shooter at least. Free game I've put the most hours into.

Warframe: Sci-fi, aliens versus guardians of the universe sort of FPS. Lots of crafting and different classes of 'Warframes' to obtain, but you only start with the one. The graphics are quite good and the gameplay is more interesting than you would expect. Purely cooperative.

Unturned: Zombie survival game, graphics are simpler than Minecraft, has a crafting system and...well, is basically similar to Minecraft? Some people say good things about it but I haven't had the chance to try it and I don't see the appeal except to goof off.

Path of Exile: Diablo.

War Thunder: WWII, tank vs tank and plane vs plane combat. Again, I haven't given it a shot so I don't have a strong opinion on it.

Gotham City Impostors: Topical, if you guys would like that. FPS with various classes and weapons, as well as varying competitive modes. You get to mask up as either an impostor of the Joker or of Batman, and fight one another for victory. Only seen it played, haven't tried it myself.

Planetside 2: An interesting Sci-fi FPS. It is a massive combat of three teams trying to take control of a planet. Hundreds of players on for each team at a time, all spread out trying to defend from losing land while also trying to take it. Large-scale combat is a very cool thing to see and some people get very tactical and immersed in it.

Non-Steam

Trackmania Nations: Driving game, with its own, albeit it simple, track designer. It's a fun game with some online racing capabilities, though I haven't picked it up in a while and would have to check.

DC Universe Online: Basic 'create-a-hero-and-interact-with-the-DC-universe' sort of game. I enjoyed playing it, for what it's worth, but it has been a while.

Slender: I initially considered saying I'd stream if for the enjoyment of others, buuuuut...
It isn't a multiplayer game, just a horror game. And I don't react well to horror games.

Feel free to suggest more.

This post has been edited by Fro: Aug 6 2015, 08:00 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Nuhaine
 Posted: Aug 16 2015, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Realizing Time Lost

Donate

Snake Champion!

http://www.boardgame-online.com/

Basically try to reach the finish line, in an adult themed 'board game' with random events, items, power ups, and classes. You can simply link it somewhere and play it. But again, it's somewhat mature.

This post has been edited by Nuhaine: Aug 16 2015, 09:56 AM

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Video/PC Games | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll